Monday, June 28, 2010

There is a new sheriff in town!

There is a new Sheriff in town...

Getting Reya to do anything against her wishes is an uphill battle... Studies (unless it's reading) is not on her radar unless dropped like an atom bomb... and chores... in my dreams!!! If she doesn't want to do something, she has a million ways to get out of it.

Hubby and I have the unpleasant task of maintaining order and discipline in the household. OK, I can hear him laugh hysterically on this one even though he is not here!... Order in our house... OK I am laughing too now!... and getting Reya to a simple chores can be a mix of bargaining, pleading, bribery, warning and a lot more... What can I say, discipline is hard!

In spite of the seven thousand books of expert advice, the right way to discipline a child is still a mystery to most parents. Only your grandmother and Ghengis Khan know how to do it.

But when everything fails or when we run out of patience, there are 2 things that work as final warning... Dad saying "Reya!!! NOW!!!" and me going "Reya! I am going to count till (insert a number based on task duration) One! Two!...." I bet that at least 90% of you guys who have kids this age have used one of these sentences.... heck my parents used them all the time (where else did you think we got these ideas!)... OK now that I shared this with you, I am hoping I didn't jinx myself... I hope they work tonight!

So the other day, Reya wasn't opening the bathroom door and Rithik really wanted to go get a bath (he is 2 years old and he loves bathing)... he got tired of banging on the door and he shouted "Reya... 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10".... (he could have counted more but he didn't know more than 10.)


We couldn't stop laughing... someone has sure been learning by watching!


But Reya didn't come out...
 
Someone sure is learning how to ignore...
 
and then....
 
Rithik said in the deepest growling voice...
 
"REYA!!! NOW!!!"...


...

Watch out Reya... there is a new Sheriff in town and his name is Rithik !!!

Signing off,
Shilpa
PS: It's super exciting to see your feedback. So even if you hate my blog, do let me know...

8 comments:

  1. Good one! Well done Rithik, way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bade miya tho bade miya..chote miya subhan allah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, did Reya finally open the door??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reya couldn't care less... but we sure had fun watching the whole drama.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehehe..My salute to this new Sheriff :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great stuff.
    I use all the similar tactics all the time....me saying "sakshi..NOW!!!" and hubby counting 123...

    great job
    luv to Reya and Rithik

    ReplyDelete
  7. The new Sheriff is pretty ordered I must say, well done Rithik!! I cannot agree less with you about not liking the task of disciplining and yet have to do it to manage balance and order in life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for comments... keep them coming.. Smita, I just checked out your blogs too.

    ReplyDelete