Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My encounter with Murphy!

Murphy's law: Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong...
My translations
  • Whenever you will leave the house without a diaper bag, you will absolutely regret it... 
  • Your child will demand to go bathroom exactly when you are at the farthest point from the bathroom or when there is none around
This comes from personal experience...

A few months ago, I decided that it was time to lighten the diaper bag and go out without the 3 extra changes of clothes... After all, we were just going for an hour long trip to walmart... What could go wrong in 1 hour...

A LOT CAN GO WRONG IN 1 HOUR!

As soon as we reached the store, we realized realized that Rithik probably needed a diaper change... We entered the store and I proceeded to the bathroom to change his diaper. As soon as I put him on the changing table, I realized that Rithik needed much more than a diaper change... his clothes were badly messed up and he needed a full-on bath.

I cursed "Why did this need to happen today when I don't have a change? Damn you Mr. Murphy!"

Long story short, I called Rahul on his phone and he bought new clothes for Rithik and handed them to me in the bathroom. Now I always keep a change of clothes in the diaper bag. Better safe than meet Mr. Murphy again!

But I did meet Mr. Murphy again recently.

A couple weeks ago, I decided to take the kids to the story hour at the Library. I put Rithik in the stroller and walked with Reya to the library. A little more than half way through, Rithik demanded to go to the bathroom. To my horror, I realized that I had left the diaper bag at home and that Rithik was wearing an underwear, not a diaper....

Horrible memories of the above mentioned incident flooded my mind. I panicked, took Rithik out of the stroller and asked him to go pee-pee at the side of the road.

Reya screamed "That's so GROSS Mommy! Don't do that Rithik".
"Shut up Reya!!!" I barked back "or we might end up in a GROSSER situation!"
Reya didn't give up "Yuck! EEEWW!"

Apparently Rithik agreed with Reya. He refused to do anything roadside and kept demanding to go to  a bathroom. I was panicking more and more by the second.

I realized that it was a "do or regret" situation... so I decided to make a run to the library.

I don't have a real picture to show you, but imagine all the scenes where they rush a pregnant woman (whose water has broken) to the labor room while shouting "Hang in there, hang in there"... We were a quite similar scene to watch.

We ran over a quarter mile to the library and darted in the bathroom... I was panting and breathing heavily, but I was glad that we made it in time. TAKE THAT MR. MURPHY!

Rithik sat on the toilet, passed some gas, smiled proudly and said "All done mamma!"

I didn't know whether to laugh or pull my hair out.

Signing off,
Shilpa

***************************************************
Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote for my blog (you can vote every 24 hours) Just click below and then “Click to Vote” to cast an automatic vote for me.Thanks!
http://www.topmommyblogs.com/blogs/in.php?id=shilpa

2 comments: