Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thoughtful Tuesdays - Gratitude

As we approach the Thankgiving day next week, let's take a moment to think about what this holiday is mostly about.

GRATITUDE...

Thanksgiving started as a holiday to express thankfulness, gratitude, and appreciation to God, family and friends for which all have been blessed of material possessions and relationships. Traditionally, it has also been a time to give thanks for a bountiful harvest. The idea of giving thanks is the meaning behind Thanksgiving.

While it is a great idea to take a single day out of the year and get together with your loved ones to be grateful for the rest of the year, don't you think that we would have a much richer and positive life if we took a moment to be grateful each and every day!

I am glad and grateful for everything that is around me. I am grateful to mother nature for the food and water it provides. I am grateful for my family and friends for the joy they bring in my life. I am grateful to live in an independent country and for the people who protect me and my country every single day. I am even grateful for the hardships in my life as I learn and grow from them.

While our lives may have struggles, health issues and hardships and at times it may be difficult to stay positive, let me give you a single strong reason why you should be grateful for everyday. Because the moment you open your eyes each day, you are still alive and that it is a given.

So at the end of each day, before you go to bed, I urge you to take a moment to find just 1-2 things for which you can feel grateful. Not only it will help you stay optimistic and relieve stress during a crisis, it will also keep you healthy in the long run.

Until next time,

5 comments:

  1. Happy new year Shilpa … I’m so with you about staying positive.. Its so so important.. I ended last year, and started this year with my gran being in hospital and spending most of the time with her.. The worst part is the fact that she walked out of home.. and we simply couldn’t find her.. Those four hours were the most stressful of my life.. *sigh*.. The good part.. is .. atleast we found her at the end..

    Life takes us through all this.. and more.. I guess.. And that’s the only way we learn to value what we have..

    I’ll end by wishing you and your family the very best for 2012.. Lots of love.. coming your way from Dubai..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Shilpa, loved your post. Indeed, we all have so much to be grateful for:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi patty, I can relate to your stressful 4 hours. Last year, when a family crisis was unfolding in India, I remember being awake one whole night with a rosary in my hand because I couldn't help the situation being so far and praying was all I could do... I am glad you found granny... hope she gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to my blog Amithigirl... I love when someone leaves a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Newyear Shilpa!!!I always love to stay positive and will surely try ur mantra before going to bed..I am sure that would def would be a relief from stress :)

    ReplyDelete