When William Shakespeare wrote "What's in a name? that which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet.", he was WRONG!
Apparantly there is a LOT in the name... I mean, if names didn't mean anything, why don't we see more Duryodhanas, Prans (top Bollywood villain of his time), Hitlers, Voldemorts etc. around?
As parents, when we try to choose the perfect name for our child, we give them names which will express their character. And then we hope for the name to start influencing the child's personality.
That is exactly what hubby and I hoped when we named our kids Reya and Rithik...
Reya is a Queen allright!
- She was born the same day as Queen Elizabeth
- Has servents (mom and dad) to cater to her needs and wishes
- Sits on her high horse and does not want to mix with the commoners
- Enjoys an entourage
- Always ready for a war (especially with me, the Queen Mother)
- A very fair person who has a strong sense of right and wrong
- Does not bauckle down under pressure
- Leadership abilities (especially at mischief)
- Holds her ground in negotiations and debate (again mostly with Queen Mother)
When I envisioned Rithik as a Stream, I saw him as happy go lucky, calm, pleasant. Something like this...
What I got was something like this...
Rithik is a stream allright!
- He mood falls up and down, goes right and left like a stream. Sometimes he is the most adorable kid around and sometimes he has the worst tantrums.
- He is forceful, especially when he is angry like a waterfall. My jaw is still hurting from the impact of him running and jumping over me last night.
- He has a calming effect. No matter how stressed out I am, I get all happy when he smiles at me or says "I love you"
- Like a stream, he figures out his path (path to get candy, chocolate milk or the puzzle from the upper shelf)
But in a nutshell, both Reya and Rithik are forces to be reckoned with...
In the end, if you are expecting a baby and are looking for a perfect name, make sure you understand the full meaning of that name and decide what you wish for your child...
Although... Be careful what you wish for... you just might get it!
PS: Share your baby naming story or favorite baby names.... your comments mean a lot to me!