Monday, June 27, 2011

Weekend wrap up

......... Mom is here .........

She came 2 weeks back and I have been enjoying a leisurely lifestyle ever since then... My workload is practically cut in half... But as soon as my mom stepped in US, a crisis sprung up back home in India... for the last 2 weeks my mental workload had doubled and we were glued to the phone every night...

But this week I decided that "Enough is enough!" The crisis in India seems to have settled a bit for now and I attended my first mobile hackathon this weekend...

I hadn't planned on coding! I was only there to attend some sessions, but then I changed my mind, made a team on the spot, coded an app on an idea that I have been researching for quite a while and ended up winning 2 categories... so I was in a very good mood on Saturday night... and we decided to spend the Sunday doing something fun after 2 weeks of tension filled days.

Take a guess about what we did....

We went Cherry-Picking in a farm in BrentWood. I have wanted to go Cherry picking for years... 11 years to be exact... but my husband was never interested... and for the last 2 years I convinced him to go but then every time the cherry season had ended. This time our timing was right and we were at the farm on the very last week of the season...

It was really fun... and I have never had such sweet cherries. The kids saw farms, cows and windmills on the way, enjoyed the hour and a half drive and the late lunch on the way back.... here are some pictures...





And here is breakfast for today... Cherries and hot baadam milk, which my darling mom makes every morning and fills in my Lock n Lock ceramic coffee mug... Isn't it great to have parents around, especially after you have kids... because that is when you really start appreciating what they went through while raising you. BTW, my mom is totally in love with all my new Lock & Lock cookware, and containers and is already making a list of the items she will be taking back to India with her. So her obsession with Ziploc containers is officially over and her love for Lock & Lock is officially begun. The Zen container is this picture is her absolute favorite.

So basically life is moving along, some days are good, some are not so good, but having mom around just makes everything feel better...

Until next time,
Shilpa, Reya and Rithik

2 comments:

  1. I love the lines highlighted in red at the end. Very true when we are a working Mom !!

    keep writing Shilpa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.. I hope things back home have settled.. and your mental workload is less as well... I know what you mean.. It can get rather tiring at times...

    But cherry picking is awesome.. sadly.. we dont have such gorgeous options in Dubai.. :-( You guys sure had an awesome time..

    Hope you will link in next weekend as well..

    ReplyDelete