Monday, January 30, 2012

Masaala dibba

It is no secret that I am a fan of Lock n Lock.... I go all giggly and happy when I have a new Lock n Lock product in my hand... and my family thinks this obsession will stay for some time until replaced with something else.
Being of Indian descent, I have a special affinity for any "masaledani", "masale ka dibba" or spice kit in plain English. When I was little, it was one of my chores to refill the dabba once a spice ran out. 

When I moved to US, I needed a "dibba" with me to keep my kitchen organized. I got one of those 30 jar revolving spice racks which were oh so cute... but I could never love it the same way as a dibba, not to mention it needed counter space whereas the dibba could be tucked  in a drawer. Finally I ended up getting a steel one from India.

But when I got this set in my latest shipment from Lock and Lock (I review their products each month) , I was so delighted. Sure it is a fajita set, but all I could think of was a new spice rack and a new container for "Rotis" (Indian flatbread just like tortilla). It's so pretty and the shape of the removable containers use the space in the round box so efficiently. I can think of so many uses beyond just spices... How about a container for pre-cut herbs, garlic, ginger etc... ready to be used while cooking... or a container for storing loose beads and buttons, or even a small snack box for using in the car trips.

So many possibilities.... What do you think... why don't you share a good use for this container in the comments section!
Until next time!

6 comments:

  1. I have discovered your blog today and I love it!! You make very beautiful things and your tutorials are very good. I will add your blog to my list. Congratulations for your works.
    Musandam Dibba

    ReplyDelete
  2. musandam dibba I have discovered your blog today and I love it!! You make very beautiful things and your tutorials are very good. I will add your blog to my list. Congratulations for your works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s a great site to see. That will help for improvisation of me. Will definitely marked as Bookmark.

    business electricity rates

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete