Monday, January 30, 2012

The mystry of socks....

It was laundry day and like each time the problem was in front of me.... After folding all the clothes, I was yet again left with a bunch of single socks waiting for their partner...

This happens each week.... This is the main reason why I always preferred buying plain white socks all these years... anyone can be paired with any other one... but Reya and Rithik plead me to buy colorful socks and now when I do, I have this mess...

After getting frustrated many times, I finally decided to crack the case of single socks... After observing a few days I realized that it wasn't my washer or dryer or my laundry baskets that were the culprits... it was my children... Even though both Reya and Rithik have a habit of putting dirty clothes in laundry after bath, they don't have the same discipline with socks. They take them off  when they come home and dump wherever...

I kept trying to fix the situation by reminding them everyday to put socks in laundry hamper, but it wasn't very effective. Then I day I came home and realized that the solution was right in front of me... There in my latest blogger shipment from Lock&Lock was a beautiful leather dustbin... so elegent and pretty that calling it a waste bin felt like an insult for it...


It perfectly fit under my shoe rack near the entry and looked perfect. I told the kids that as soon as they take off their shoes, they ought to put the socks in this basket (I still cannot call it a dust bin). The kids happily complied.. In fact, Rithik took the rule so seriously that even if I am inside my bedroom, if I take off my socks, he takes them and runs outside to put them in the bin... and insists "but we have to put the socks in the socks basket"...

Now when we do laundry, we just take the socks from there, wash them all in a single load and don't have to deal with single socks.... case closed....

That's detective Shilpa for you.... LOL! Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Dubai has a lot to offer to their visitors, so you cannot just list down the activities. Yacht charter dubai tour brings a complete package for your family Musandam Dibba

    ReplyDelete